- Mummy shape (wider width) with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
- Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable laminate shell with DWR
- Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
- Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
- Side-block baffles maintain a 60:40 top to bottom insulation distribution
- 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of down around your head
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Large side walls ensure even insulation all around
- Overlapping dual-webbing zip guard guides the fabric away from the zipper
- Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
The Feathered Friends Peregrine is made with our wide mummy sleeping bag shape, featuring more space throughout, especially in the shoulders. This is perfect for those with broader builds, or those preferring to stash a lot of gear inside the bag during an expedition.
Fits up to 6' 0" | 183 cm
Fits up to 6' 6" | 198 cm
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Length||Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm | Long 6' 6" / 198 cm|
|Dimensions||64" / 58" / 40"|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Fill Weight||Reg 37.3 oz / 1,059 g <br >Long 39.6 oz / 1,122 g|
|Lining Fabric||Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta|
|Country of Origin||Manufactured in the USA from imported materials|
|Packed Size||8.5" x 17"|
|Average Weight||Reg 3 lb 14 oz / 1,768 g <br >Long 4 lb 2 oz / 1,887 g|
|Sleeping Bag Shell Fabric||Pertex® Shield EX waterproof/breathable|
|Temperature Rating||-25ºF / -31.67ºC|
Customer Reviews (3)
- Tested to -48.5F with Great SuccessReview by Brandon Germer
To test my gear for Denali, I took my Peregrine out to the foot of the Knik Glacier in Alaska in February to a place with a microclimate known to have very, very low temps. I took a thermometer with me, and ate a frozen Subway sandwich I let freeze solid to simulate my body being at altitude.
I combined the bag with a Feathered Friends Icefall parka, Feathered Friends Volant pants, and Icebreaker base layers including a wool hoodie and vest, and had Feathered Friends down booties on.
It got down to -48.5 for about 5 hours, but I stopped checking for a bit because my eyeballs were freezing and I had to keep a couple hats pulled over my face.
Did I stay warm? You bet. Feathered Friends gear is top notch.
When I climbed Denali, it only got down to -22F at its coldest in June, and I only zipped it up all the way once.
Talk about bomb proof!!! (Posted on 2/28/2015)
- Peregrine RocksReview by Peter
- I used this bag on Aconcagua and Denali last year. I am about to use it on Vinson. And I plan to take it to Everest next spring. The bag is very warm and does everything that FF claims. Also, at 6'2" and 200 lb., I appreciate a bag that is comparable in weight to bags that are more constricting, but can accommodate my larger frame. Well done, FF! (Posted on 11/4/2014)
- Great cold weather bag -30FReview by Captain
- I've had the bag for about two years and just this past week had the opportunity to sleep with it in -31F temps in Montana in a MT Hardware EV3 on a Exped Downmat. I was very warm. I suspect it would have been warm to -40. A great bag. Thanks for putting together a great product (Posted on 2/13/2014)