The Eider is the roomier version of the Widgeon, which was originally designed for the successful American K2 expedition in 1990. The Eider is the go-to bag for cold weather activities from mountaineering to snow camping, or for those who plan to wear down layers while sleeping to push the comfort rating of the bag. The Eider is 2-4 inches larger in circumference than the Widgeon, and is the winter equivalent of the best-selling Swift.
EX: Winter & Expedition. Pertex® Shield® fabric. 15 denier with 40 denier rip-stop reinforcement. Water-resistant/ breathable.
- Mummy shape (standard width) with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
- Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable laminate shell with DWR
- Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
- Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
- Continuous baffles let you position the down where you need it
- 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of insulation around your head
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
Feathered Friends wide mummy sleeping bags have more space throughout, especially in the shoulders. This is perfect for those with broader builds, or those preferring to stash a lot of gear inside the bag.
Fits up to 6' 0" | 183 cm
Fits up to 6' 6" | 198 cm
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Length||Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm | Long 6' 6" / 198 cm|
|Dimensions||64" / 58" / 40"|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Fill Weight||Reg 32 oz / 908 g
Long 33.8 oz / 960 g
|Lining Fabric||Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta|
|Country of Origin||Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials|
|Average Weight||Reg 3 lb 7 oz / 1,553 g
Long 3 lb 10 oz / 1,653 g
|Sleeping Bag Shell Fabric||Pertex® Shield EX waterproof/breathable|
|Temperature Rating||-10ºF / -23.3ºC|