*Sleeping bags may take up to two weeks to ship. Please check our Shipping Info page for more details. Thanks!*
The warmest sleeping bag on the planet, the Snowy Owl has been the bag of choice for polar expeditions since its inception. Our fully contoured design maintains full and even loft of the 900+ fill down in the head and shoulder regions. A second inner zipper running parallel to the main zip keeps the differential cut at a constant thickness and guarantees a tight, even draft seal. This system also serves as a backup in the event of a zipper failure; a deadly proposition at 60 below zero. The only complaint we hear about the Snowy Owl is that “it was too warm”. Well… that’s the idea. If you’re chasing the coldest temperatures in the world, this is the bag for you.
EX: Winter & Expedition. Pertex® Shield® fabric. 15 denier with 40 denier rip-stop reinforcement. Water-resistant/ breathable coating.
- Expedition Mummy shape with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
- Dual zipper system
- Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable shell with DWR
- Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
- Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
- Side-block baffles maintain a 60:40 top to bottom insulation distribution
- 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of down around your head
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Large side walls ensure even insulation all around
- Overlapping dual-webbing zip guard guides the fabric away from the zipper
- Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
The Feathered Friends Snowy Owl features our most voluminous mummy shape, accommodating warm down clothing layers in the most extreme environments.
Fits up to 6' 0" | 183 cm
Fits up to 6' 6" | 198 cm
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Ideal Sleeper Height
Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm
Long 6' 6" / 198 cm
|Dimensions||64" shoulder / 60" hip / 39" footbox|
|Zipper||Left Side, YKK #5|
|Shell||Pertex® Shield EX (waterproof, breathable)|
|Lining||Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Origin||Manufactured in the USA from imported materials|
|Temp Rating||-60ºF / -51.1ºC|
Reg 3 lb 4.9 oz / 1501 g
Long 3 lb 7.7 oz / 1580 g
Reg 5 lb 0.2 oz / 2273 g
Long 5 lb 4.8 oz / 2403 g
If you simply require the best there is.
Super warm and comfy sleeping bag & Awesome customer support
By end of January 2022 I completed a multiday hike in the Mont-Groulx area (Northern Quebec). Temperature was freezing cold during my whole journey. Nighttime temperature dropped well below -25C with a peak down to -37C. Nevertheless my Snowy Owl down sleeping bag kept me comfortably warm during all those nights. The double-layer side zips did miracles. No cold air could leak inside. During my expedition I forgot my coton storage bag in a shelter. When I got back home I contacted FF Customer Support Team. Their reaction was awesome: they sent me a new storage bag free of charge. The communication was courteous and prompt. Kudos to Feathered Friends!