*Sleeping bags may take up to two weeks to ship. Please check our Shipping Info page for more details. Thanks!*
Built for big mountain expeditions and frigid conditions, the Ptarmigan is one of the lightest and warmest bags around. We combined the finest materials and our time tested design to bring you a bag that can handle the rigors of mountaineering use and provide a warm respite at the end of a long day.
We send more Ptarmigan sleeping bags to Denali than any other bag we make.
EX: Winter & Expedition. Pertex® Shield® fabric. 15 denier with 40 denier rip-stop reinforcement. Water-resistant/ breathable coating.
- Mummy shape (average width) with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
- Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable shell with DWR
- Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
- Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
- Side-block baffles maintain a 60:40 top to bottom insulation distribution
- 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of down around your head
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Large side walls ensure even insulation all around
- Overlapping dual-webbing zip guard guides the fabric away from the zipper
- Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
The Feathered Friends Ptarmigan is built with our standard-width mummy shape - for most people, this will have enough space for a bit of extra gear without too much extra volume.
Fits up to 6' 0" | 183 cm
Fits up to 6' 6" | 198 cm
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Ideal Sleeper Height||
Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm
Long 6' 6" / 198 cm
|Dimensions||60" shoulder / 56" hip / 38" footbox|
|Zipper||Left Side, YKK #5|
|Shell||Pertex® Shield EX (waterproof, breathable)|
|Lining||Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Origin||Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials|
|Temp Rating||-25ºF / -31.67ºC|
Reg 2 lb 3.5 oz / 1006 g
Long 2 lb 5.5 oz / 1063 g
Reg 3 lb 12.2 oz / 1708 g
Long 3 lb 15.6 oz / 1803 g
Great bag great service
Thanks Feathered friends for getting the sleeping bag out for the trip to Dos Ojos it gave me a lot more peace of mind to have it along
I would like to thank Feathered Friends for getting an order shipped out in time for the mountaineering trip to Dos Ojos. They said they could not get it done and then a bag showed up in time! So grateful because it made me feel better to be climbing with this bag than any other choices.
Don’t Risk Sleeping Bag Envy
Unlike my tent mate, I stayed warm and snug for 3 weeks on Denali in my Ptarmigan sleeping bag. This is the gold standard for cold weather sleeping bags.
Finally got a chance to test out the bag in some slightly cold (15F) weather. I am convinced, FF doesn’t make sleeping bags, they make ovens! I only wore a baselayer, and that was too much. Looking forward to using it on my trip to Aconcagua! Just make sure you pair it with a good sleeping pad, since that is the only spot that felt a little less warm (by no way a reflection of the bag).
Excellent sleeping bag and happier with it than any other comparable temp bag I've purchased. Would definitely recommend your brand to my mountain friends or anyone in need of a cold weather bag. The customer support was instrumental and fantastic in helping me decide which bag to get with a boat load of info and questions answered. Full points to FF's.