Building on the success of the Eghen 22, the Eghen 35 brings high capacity to big, technical alpine routes. The capacity is variable due to the unique double closure system with a roll-top for the main closure and a drawstring with cinch buckle for a secondary security closure. The frameless back gets rigidity from 2mm of heat-sealed foam combined with a 4mm removable soft pad that doubles as an emergency bivy pad.
Everything about the Eghen 35 has been designed for use on route. The ergonomic waist belt is padded and adjustable for comfort on the approach, but tucks away on the back to maintain a low profile when not in use. The padded shoulder straps are shaped to t over layers and attach to the pack above the hip belt to distribute weight correctly for climbing and stay out of the way of gear racked on a harness.
Side straps can be used for lashing gear to the outside of the pack or as compression straps to trim the profile and distribute weight when the pack is not full. A large inner compartment with two zip pockets can be removed and used as a shoulder bag. A mesh pocket is situated high inside the pack for easy access to essentials and two haul points on the top of the back can be used in unison or alone for clipping the pack to a belay.
- High capacity technical pack for multi-day routes
- Capacity is variable (35-45 lts) with a unique double closure system; roll-top for main closure and drawstring with cinch buckle for secondary security closure
- Very strong fabric with reinforced bottom
- Frameless back with heat-sealed padding and removable 4mm EVA pad that can be used as an emergency bivy pad
- Ergonomic padded shoulder straps with load adjustment are connected high on the pack or better weight distribution while climbing
- Removable chest strap is height adjustable
- Padded waist belt can be tucked away on the front when not in use, with two adjustment points and load adjustment system
- 2 connectable handles on top for hauling and clipping
- Technical ice axe holders with a head-locker system on the bottom and Velcro straps on top
- External rope carrying system stows away when not in use
- Removable inner compartment with two zip pockets and a strap for use as a shoulder bag
- Elastic inner pocket for fast access to essentials
- Fast pull cord closure system has been optimized for use with gloves
- Removable external side straps for lashing extra gear or compressing the pack when it is not full
880 g, 31.1 oz