There’s a kind of classic image that comes to mind when you hear the word “hiking.” Dense green and brown forests with meandering rugged root-strewn trails lead to awe-inspiring hill and mountain panoramas, and rivers and streams lull tired explorers to sleep at the end or strenuous but rewarding days. Backpackers and Thru Hikers that can’t get enough of this stuff will find no better friend than the Windrider. The 4400 volume size (70L) is ideal for four-season, weekend, section, or thru hikes where resupply points are less frequent, bulkier cold weather gear is required, or the route calls for a packraft to complete it. The 4400 can carry it all.
The ultralight central vessel of the Windrider is constructed with 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics. The external mesh pockets provide ample room for the equipment you’ll want access to without having to open your pack and dig, and they’re great for drying out wet clothing as you go.
- Made in Maine, USA
- Three external mesh pockets -- Makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
Weight: 2.43 lbs | 39.02 oz | 1106g
Load Capacity: Up to 60 lbs | 27.2 kg
- Internal: 4400 cu. in. (70L)
- External: 600 cu. in. (9.8L)
- Center Pocket: 300 cu. in.
- Side Pockets: 150 cu. in.
- Body: DCH50
- Bottom: DCH150
- External Pockets: Mesh