The Snow Goose is the world’s premier high altitude expedition sleeping bag. This model shares many design elements with the warmer Snowy Owl but delivers superb warmth at a lighter weight. We eliminated the second (inside) zipper and scaled back the hood and shoulder regions, but retained the efficient contoured shape that keeps full loft of the 900+ fill down around the head for maximum warmth.
EX: Winter & Expedition. Pertex® Shield® fabric. 15 denier with 40 denier rip-stop reinforcement. Water-resistant/ breathable coating.
Ideal for: High-Altitude Expeditions, Frigid Winter Camping, Polar Trips
- Expedition Mummy shape with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
- Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable shell with DWR
- Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
- Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
- Side-block baffles maintain a 60:40 top to bottom insulation distribution
- 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of down around your head
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Large side walls ensure even insulation all around
- Overlapping dual-webbing zip guard guides the fabric away from the zipper
- Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
The Feathered Friends Snow Goose features our most voluminous mummy shape, accommodating warm down garment layers in the most extreme environments.
Fits up to 6' 0" | 183 cm
Fits up to 6' 6" | 198 cm
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Ideal Sleeper Height||
Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm
Long 6' 6" / 198 cm
|Dimensions||64" shoulder / 60" hip / 39" footbox|
|Zipper||Left Side, YKK #5|
|Shell||Pertex® Shield EX (waterproof, breathable)|
|Lining||Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Origin||Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials|
|Temp Rating||-40ºF / -40ºC|
Reg 2 lb 10 oz / 1211 g
Long 2 lb 13 oz / 1276 g
Reg 4 lb 2.9 oz / 1896 g
Long 4 lb 7.1 oz / 2015 g
I'm not afraid to face the cold
I'm wating the cold winter temperature . I'm sure my feedback will be positive.
I've had my -40 bag for over15 years. I has kept me very warm at high altitudes and snow camping. It is in just as good condition now as it was when I purchased it.
Have not used it yet as winter is over, but the quality of materials, loft, and fit are impressive so far. I foresee this as being perfect for the winter camping temperatures I will encounter.
-40 Means -40
Every bag I own to date has been always inaccurate on the temperature rating of their bags. The Feathered Friends Snow Goose is the best cold weather biag on the market, and -40 means - 40. The only bag to bye
Very comfortable. Lot's of fill. Very happy with this purchase.