While not as robust as the Crocodile Gaiters, these lighter and more packable gaiters will still get the job done well for most people. There are many reasons to use a full height gaiter like these that fit just below the knee when traveling in mountainous terrain. They help to keep the snow, rain, and debris out of your footwear, they help protect your legs from cuts and abrasions when kicking steps and post-holing in snow and breakable wind and rain crusts, and while bushwhacking and scrambling through difficult off-trail backcountry wilderness on your way to the summits of far away peaks.
- 70D waterproof/breathable 3-Layer Pertex® Shield 100% ripstop nylon upper section.
- 500D Cordura® 100% nylon woven foot panel
- Durable Hypalon Instep Strap
- Wide hook/loop front closure to micro adjust the fit and volume
- Best suited for everything from hiking and backpacking footwear, to lightweight mountaineering boots, and will even work on many low top approach shoes
- Reinforced boot lace hooks
- Adjustable webbing top closure with buckle
- 6.7 oz (190 g)