Hands down the most popular bag we've ever made, and for good reason. Compared to other mummy bags in the market, the Swallow is the ideal combination of light-weight warmth with room to sleep thanks to a more relaxed cut (more spacious than the Hummingbird, narrower than the Swift). The Swallow is the definition of an ideal all-around backcountry sleeper that can satisfy a wide range of three-season conditions.
Available in 20 Degree and 30 Degree options.
Looking for the Osprey 30 UL? You're in the right place! The Osprey 30 has been renamed the Swallow 30.
UL: Ultralight. Pertex® Endurance® 10 denier water-resistant/breathable fabric.
"This has become my go-to option for most of my backpacking trips, especially if temperatures are expected to approach or dip below freezing."
Check out what The Trek had to say about our Swallow UL 20 Sleeping Bag here.
- Mummy shape (medium width) with #5 YKK two-way, separating zipper with locking sliders
- Passive collar provides an extra cushion of down around your neck to trap the heat
- Trapezoidal footbox allows your feet to fall in a natural pose without compressing the sides
- Continuous baffles let you position the insulation where you need it
- 3D contoured hood opens wide for warm nights and cinches tight when the temps start to drop
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
|Ideal Sleeper Height
||Reg 6' 0" / 183 cm
Long 6' 6" / 198 cm
|Dimensions||60" shoulder / 56" hip / 38" footbox|
|Shell||Pertex® Endurance® UL|
|Lining||Flite 15 denier ripstop nylon|
|Fill Power||950+ Goose Down|
|Origin||Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials|
|Temp Rating||20ºF / -6.67ºC||30ºF / -1.1ºC|
Reg 1 lb 0.8 oz / 476 g
Long 1 lb 1.5 oz / 497 g
Reg 13.6 oz / 385 g
Long 14.2 oz / 402 g
Reg 1 lb 11 oz / 766 g
Long 1 lb 12.5 oz / 808 g
Reg 1 lb 9 oz / 710 g
Long 1 lb 10.2 oz / 744 g
A wonderful sleeping bag. I feel I really got my money's worth.
The bag is my favorite of the five bags I own. Quality throughout. I like the roominess of this sleeping bag. Not too big and not too tight.
Packs up light and small (fitting into an XS 9L stuff sack). Saves over a pound of weight from my old sleeping bag but is just as warm if not more so. Wide enough that when I'm sleeping on my back I can comfortably let my arms rest by my side. Good improvements in the type of zipper that prevents catching the bag in the zipper. Have enjoyed every use and so thankful for the weight savings.
best bag I've found
My fire crew has been using this bag for over a decade due to its versatility in different climates as well as how compact it will get.