We created the Petrel to keep women warm on the coldest of three-season trips. After years of sleeping in unisex sleeping bags, the women of Feathered Friends turned their wish list into a reality with our women’s line. Featuring extra fill in the footbox and chest, more room in the elbows and knees, and shorter lengths, our women’s bags work great for anyone looking for an alternative to the traditional mummy shape. Filled with premium 900+ fill power goose down, the Petrel YF is an excellent choice for spring and fall adventures, as well as a popular summer bag for cold sleepers and high elevations.
Our YF line of sleeping bags feature a lightweight, 100% nylon Pertex® Quantum® shell that uses yarns with unique Y-shaped filaments to create a fabric with increased downproofing and water beading properties, even after years of use and washing.
YF: YFuse. Pertex Quantum® 20 denier mini-ripstop fabric treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Mummy shape with #5 YKK two-way, separating zipper with locking sliders
- Full draft collar provides an extra cushion of down around the neck to trap heat
- Trapezoidal footbox allows feet to fall in a natural pose without compressing the sides
- Continuous baffles let you position the insulation where you need it
- 3D contoured hood opens wide for warm nights and cinches tight when the temps start to drop
- Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
- Includes storage bag & stuff sack
Mummy Sleeping Bags
Feathered Friends Women's mummy sleeping bags are built a bit more trim around the shoulders, but more space in the waist and hips.
Have questions on sizing? Feel free to Contact Us - We're happy to help!
|Ideal Sleeper Height||
Small 5' 3" / 160 cm
Med 5' 9" / 175 cm
|Dimensions||54" shoulder / 56" hip / 38" footbox|
|Lining||Pertex® 20 denier nylon taffeta|
|Fill Power||900+ Goose Down|
|Origin||Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials|
|Temp Rating||10ºF / -12.2ºC|
Small 1 lb 4 oz / 567 g
Med 1 lb 5.3 oz / 604 g
Small 2 lb 0 oz / 908 g
Med 2 lb 2.3 oz / 971 g