Join us at Feathered Friends!
Feathered Friends, a premiere down products manufacturer and retailer, is hiring an Accounting Manager to join the senior leadership team at our Seattle headquarters. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing all financial operations of the company, including keeping the general ledger, sales and excise tax filings, periodic closes, routine daily bookkeeping operations, and reconciliations. Our unique combination of manufacturing, brick and mortar, and ecommerce requires an individual who is comfortable wearing many hats and who is able to dive deep into the details of one area, while maintaining the overall integrity of our accounting systems.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in Seattle in 1972, Feathered Friends is a family owned and operated company with a small local footprint and a large global reach. We believe in using the best materials available to make premium, long lasting products. We’re committed to US manufacturing and are proud of the sleeping bags, garments, and bedding that our team crafts. We’re a small but dedicated team with a casual workplace. We love getting outside to use the gear we make, and offer the flexibility to work around outdoor adventures and other commitments. The ideal addition to our team will be a great communicator who works well both in teams and independently, and who brings a passion for numbers, systems, and continuous learning.
- Ensure financial records and responsibilities are accurate and up to date
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, Shopify, PayPal, other accounts
- Post and categorize transactions in QuickBooks Online
- Resolve routine and complex accounting issues
- Maintain good relationships with vendors and resolve issues as needed
- Process improvement - revise procedures and systems to reflect technological integrations and efficiencies, as well as accounting best practices
- Work with outside accounting team to prepare periodic closes
- Prepare periodic Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss analyses
- Prepare and review state sales and excise tax filings; periodically review and register in new states as needed
- Serve as point of contact with federal, state, and local tax authorities
- Oversee invoice processing and bill payment
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (as a small company, we all wear many hats)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of accounting or full charge bookkeeping experience
- Experience with manufacturing is desired but not required
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Accuracy and accountability
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Willingness and ability to work through issues in a positive manner
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and programs
- Experience and expertise with QuickBooks Online and Excel. Experience with Odoo is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to occasionally help with other areas of the business as needed
- $75,000 - $105,000
- Paid time off, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Discounts on Feathered Friends products and products sold at our retail store
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- This position can be in-office full time at our Sodo headquarters, or hybrid (position will require being in-office 1-2 days/week).
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Accounting Manager” in subject.