3 person tent
Simple, remarkably light, and completely freestanding, the Allak is an excellent all-arounder.
Allak tents are remarkably light yet impressively strong, and are well-suited for anything from summer paddling to winter ski mountaineering, and from year-round backpacking to all-season peak bagging. These tents offer a high degree of comfort while being easily light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day. The Allak model’s two-entrance construction allows for superb ventilation options in warm weather while their three-pole dome structure is strong enough for summer or winter base camp use in all but the worst conditions. In addition, their fully freestanding construction make them ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand, and their two integrated vestibules are set parallel to the sleeping area, giving excellent access to gear storage space as well as ease of entry and exit. Paddlers have long valued the Allak’s ability to be pitched nearly anywhere, while backpackers choose it for its roomy stability and light weight. Mountaineers appreciate both the Allak’s freestanding design, compact footprint, and its roominess, as well as its ability to deal with snow loading.
“Allak” means “lake,” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- The Allak 3 has plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully freestanding dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with the Allak Mesh Inner tent.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires the optional Allak pole holder kit.
- Dual guy lines on each pole, with the upper attachment loop designed to wrap around the pole, increase stability in poor conditions.
- Flaps protect zippers from the rain.
- Separate vent cover protects open vents from snow and rain.
- Adjustable roof vents can be closed with snow-proof panels, and are accessible from inside the tent.
- Integrated stowage pockets.
- Vestibules are integrated into the construction, resulting in a fully freestanding tent.
- Full no-see-um mesh on inner tent door is covered by a zipper adjustable, fabric panel for all-season comfort.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Allak 3 Footprint
||3.2 kg / 7 lbs 1 oz|
|Packed Weight||3.7 kg / 8 lbs 3 oz|
|Inner Height||110 cm/43 in|
|Inner Tent Area||3.8 m² / 40.9 ft²|
|Vestibule Area||2 x 0.8 m² (2 x 8.6 ft²)
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1200|
|Poles (9mm)||3 x 406 cm (159.8 in)
|Packed size*||53 cm x 19 cm / 21 in x 7.5 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)
For Us The Allak 3 Is Proving Its Worth
The Allak 3 is double the weight, pack size, and cost of anything we have ever purchased in the past. After bikepacking and camping in two feet of snow it is proving its worth. We purchased this to live in as we tour the world on our bikes year round in all environmental conditions. The weight and bulk is an issue we are willing to accept for the comfort, versatility, and shelter it provides. It has been much nicer than any lightweight 3-season shelter we have have been using in the past. The Allak 3 has been very easy to setup, been cozy in extreme weather, and has offered enough space for two of us with touring gear.