2 person tent
Very roomy yet remarkably light and strong two vestibule all-season tents.
The Kaitum is a highly versatile all-season tent. Providing a superb balance of remarkably light weight, comfort, and high strength, they are an excellent choice for those who prefer the flexibility of a two entrance, two vestibule design. The vestibules can be fully rolled away for tremendous venting.
Backpackers, paddle tourers and cyclists will appreciate the Kaitum’s roominess, light weight, and small packed size. Hunters, winter campers, ski tourers, and climbers will favor its all-season strength and impressive space to weight ratio, and taller users of all types will find the Kaitum model a roomy pleasure.
“Kaitum” is named after a beautiful lake and river in northern Sweden.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for two people and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The Kaitum 2 inner tent can be replaced with the Kaitum 2 Mesh Inner tents (sold separately).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires 6 optional pole holders.
- Guy lines on the vestibule vent hoods and looped guy lines affixed to twin attachments on each side of each pole increase stability in poor conditions.
- Large flaps protect zippers from the rain.
- Adjustable vents on each vestibule can be closed with snow-proof panels. Accessible from inside or outside of the tent.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- 4 Integrated stowage pockets.
- Full no-see-um mesh on inner tent doors are covered by zipper adjustable, fabric panels for all-season comfort.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Kaitum 2 Footprint
||2.7 kg / 5 lbs 15 oz|
|Packed Weight||3.2 kg / 7 lbs 1 oz|
|Inner Height||100 cm/39 in|
|Inner Tent Area||2.9 m² / 31.2 ft²|
|Vestibule Area||2 x 1.2 m² / 2 x 12.9 ft²
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1200|
|Poles (9mm)||1 x 305 cm, 2 x 260 cm / 1 x 120.1 in, 2 x 102.4 in
|Packed size*||51 cm x 17 cm / 20 in x 6.5 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)