3 person tent
Remarkably strong and versatile single vestibule all-season tents well-suited to any outing in any condition.
The Nammatj and Nammatj GT are the masters of both high and low country, equally suited for a high altitude expedition or a weekend walk in the local hills. These robust all-season, all-arounders pitch quickly and easily, can be taken down and moved in a flash, yet are far stronger and lighter than any other tent in their class.
Because of their superb strength to weight ratio and compact footprints, both the Nammatj and Nammatj GT have become immensely popular with extreme users, such as polar travelers looking to save weight, mountaineers doing remote routes in the highest ranges, professional guides, and military special forces teams. But these same characteristics are just as highly prized by more “regular” users, as well: backpackers, cycle and paddle tourers, and anyone needing maximum strength while reducing weight.
Nammatj is the Sami word for a lone mountain standing at the head of a valley.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Both Nammatj and Nammatj GT have plenty of room for the stated number of occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low. The Nammatj GT’s extended vestibule provides even more storage space.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tents in both the Nammatj and Nammatj GT models can be replaced with the Nammatj Mesh Inner tents.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires 4 optional pole holders.
- Guy lines on the vestibule vent hoods and looped guy lines affixed to twin attachments on each side of each pole increase stability in poor conditions.
- Large flaps protect zippers from the rain.
- Adjustable vents on the ends are backed with adjustable no-see-um mesh and air-permeable snow-proof panels, both of which are accessible from inside or outside the tent.
- Zipper-adjustable mesh vent inside affords access to outer tent vent, and has a zipper-closure fabric panel for full adjustability
- 2 Integrated stowage pockets.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- Full no-see-um mesh on inner tent door is covered by a zipper adjustable, fabric panel for all-season comfort.
- Extended vestibule on the GT version allows for greater storage space and flexibility.
- GT vestibule door opens from bottom, sides or top and is backed with a removable mesh door.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Nammatj 3 Footprint
|2.6 kg / 5 lbs 12 oz
|3.3 kg / 7 lbs 4 oz
|105 cm / 41 in
|Inner Tent Area
|3.4 m² / 36.6 ft²
|1.3 m² / 14 ft²
|Outer tent fabric
|Poles (10 mm)
|2 x 328 cm / 2 x 129.1 in
|51 cm x 18 cm / 20 in x 7 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)