3 person tent
Supremely strong three person self-supporting tent that can handle any situation in any kind of weather.
The Saivo is well-suited to a wide array of adventures. It is the quintessential tent for those, such as climbers and ski mountaineers in isolated, high-mountain terrain, who will leave their base camp unattended for extended periods of time. At the same time, its strength and space to weight ratio also make it a superb choice for expedition use in demanding conditions (the Saivo is often used by teams going to the South Pole). Ski and paddle tourers, as well as desert travelers, have long appreciated the Saivo’s spacious interior and roomy vestibules, as well as its self-supporting structure and easy-to-pitch design. Of course, all these attributes also make the Saivo a great choice for less demanding trips, as well, whether that’s a weekend of car camping or a leisurely, week-long, base camp-oriented hiking vacation in the mountains.
“Saivo” means “holy lake” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- The Saivo has plenty of room for 3 occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibules to be pegged, and the innovative full sleeve plus sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires 8 optional pole holders.
- Guy lines on the poles, many with attachment loops designed to wrap around pole or pole crossing points, and on the vent cover and vestibule vent hoods, increase stability in poor conditions.
- Adjustable roof vents can be closed with snow-proof panels, and are accessible from inside the tent.
- Separate vent cover protects open vents from snow and rain.
- Full no-see-um mesh on inner tent door is covered by a zipper adjustable, fabric panel for all-season comfort.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- 12 Integrated stowage pockets.
- Adjustable vents on the ends are backed with adjustable no-see-um mesh and air-permeable snow-proof panels, both of which are accessible from inside or outside the tent.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Saivo Footprint
||4.6 kg / 10 lbs 2 oz|
|Packed Weight||5.3 kg / 11 lbs 11 oz|
|Inner Height||115 cm / 45 in|
|Inner Tent Area||3.7 m² / 39.8 ft²|
|Vestibule Area||2 x 1.3 m² (2 x 14 ft²)
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1800|
|Poles (10 mm)||4 x 393 cm / 4 x 154.7 in
|Packed size*||53 cm x 20 cm / 21 in x 8 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)