1 person tent
Strong, remarkably light, expedition ready solo tent.
The Red Label Soulo offers an impressive balance of exceptional all-season strength and light weight. Fully freestanding with a single integrated vestibule, the Soulo is easy to pitch, remarkably roomy and highly versatile. It has the 9 mm poles and Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric of all Red Label models, and its multiple pole-crossing construction and its purpose-built guy line placement and attachment points will easily handle demanding winter and high wind conditions. Easily strong enough for exposed mountain use, be that mountaineering, ski touring or ski mountaineering, it is also well-suited for all-around backpacking trips of any length and in any season, or anytime harsh weather is the norm. With its fully freestanding structure and compact footprint, the Soulo excels at tough pitching conditions, from ridgeline use in big mountains to rugged backpacking trips to paddling rocky coastlines to camping in urban or campground sites on bicycle or motorcycle trips. Choose the Soulo if you want a tent that offers impressively robust function in a lighter package and is capable enough to take on any of your adventures in any season.
Soulo means “island,” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet very stable tent.
- All-season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- The Soulo has plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully freestanding dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- The single entrance/single vestibule configuration affords easy access as well as storage space.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with the Soulo/Soulo BL Mesh Inner tent.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires the optional Soulo/Soulo BL pitching kit.
- Dual guy lines on each pole, with the upper attachment loop designed to wrap around the pole, increase stability in poor conditions.
- Adjustable roof vent can be closed with a snow-proof panel, and is accessible from inside the tent.
- Separate vent cover protects open vent from snow and rain.
- Flap protects zipper from the rain.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- Integrated stowage pocket.
- Full no-see-um mesh on inner tent door is covered by a zipper adjust-able, fabric panel for all-season comfort.
- Vestibule is integrated into the construction, resulting in a fully freestanding tent.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Soulo Footprint
||2.0 kg / 4 lbs 7 oz|
|Packed Weight||2.4 kg / 5 lbs 5 oz|
|Inner Height||95 cm / 37 in|
|Inner Tent Area||1.9 m² / 20.5 ft²|
|Vestibule Area||0.6 m² / 6.4 ft²
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1200|
|Poles (9mm)||2 x 344 cm, 1 x 285 cm / 2 x 135.4 in, 1 x 112.2 in
|Packed size*||43 cm x 17 cm / 17 in x 6.5 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)