1 person tent
A fully free standing, very light solo tent that can be pitched anywhere, anytime.
Hilleberg's simplest solo tent, the fully freestanding Unna is supremely easy to pitch nearly anywhere – rocky shores, narrow ridgelines, dense forests (or, of course, even on “perfect” tent sites) – and it boasts an impressive amount of interior space. It is ideal for journeys in any season where low weight is a high priority, and where the terrain makes for tricky pitching conditions. Rather than a vestibule, the Unna has a spacious interior that easily accommodates the occupant and gear – or, in a pinch, two people. And by disconnecting a corner of the inner tent, one can create a virtual vestibule and keep the inner tent dry while entering or exiting in rainy conditions. Its dome design handles snow loading well, and its roominess and light weight lend themselves very well to mobile journeys, where you pitch your tent each day. Little wonder then that it has become a favorite of paddle tourers, year ‘round backpackers, mountaineers, cycle tourers and casual campers alike.
“Unna” means “small” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet very stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with two poles provides remarkable strength and generous head room while keeping the weight low.
- The Unna has plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully freestanding dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the simple full sleeve and tensioner pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- The single entrance configuration affords easy access and a spacious interior. If desired, a corner of the inner can be disconnected to create a “virtual” vestibule.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the tent. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with the Unna Mesh Inner tent.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires 4 optional pole holders.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Unna Footprint
||2.0 kg / 4 lbs 7 oz|
|Packed Weight||2.3 kg / 5 lbs 1 oz|
|Inner Height||100 cm / 39 in|
|Inner Tent Area||2.5 m² / 27 ft²|
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1200|
|Poles (9 mm)||2 x 387 cm / 2 x 152.4 in
|Packed size*||46 cm x 14 cm / 18 in x 5.5 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)