Lightweight overboots for high altitude mountaineering double boots and single boots. The lower is approximately boot top height fully insulated nylon covered 4.7mm stretchy neoprene closed cell foam with 2 layers of heat reflecting Titanium. The insulation goes completely around and under your boot without having any gaps in the insulation. This is glued together and stitched on the inside and outside surfaces, with no sewn through seams. Fits trim to the boot. The upper gaiter portion is a non-coated, windproof/breathable Cordura nylon for minimal frost build up. This model incorporates a substantial glued-on smooth nylon instep crampon patch to help prevent crampon to neoprene snags. Compatible with most crampons. Heavy duty 2 inch wide Velcro front closure with elastic drawcord closure. Thin rubber paint for added abrasion resistance in key areas. Easy to repair and maintain.
- Lower insulated portion: 4.7 mm Stretchy Neoprene Closed Cell Foam covered with Nylon that incorporates 2 layers of heat reflecting Titanium. Glued and stitched together without sewn through seams. Thin rubber paint in high abrasion areas. Fits trim to the boot and leg, and comes up just below the knee
- Upper gaiter portion: Un-coated Cordura nylon that is windproof and breathable. Comes to just below the knee
- 2-inch wide heavy duty Velcro front closure goes all the way to the toes to allow access to boot laces
- Elasticized drawcord closure at the top with cordlock
- Patterned for both modern synthetic double boots, as well as single leather mountaineering boots
- 588g, (1 lb 5 oz) per pair for size medium
- Please contact our Feathered Friends Seattle Mountaineering Store @ 206-292-2210 for help with sizing.