This new G2 EVO from La Sportiva is now THE boot for technical cold weather high altitude climbing. Recent updates from the prior G2 SM version have vastly improved the comfort and fit of this premier mountaineering boot. This boot will become the benchmark standard to which all other similar boots available will be compared. Climbers interested in summiting Denali and other comparable peaks should be looking at this as an excellent choice.
The unique incorporated external BOA® fast lacing dial system allows you to quickly and easily fine tune the forefit fit of the boots without having to remove bulky handwear as feet swell and situations change. Some climbers will be able to use these in extreme conditions on many routes without donning overboots. Others with cold feet or encountering the most severe cold conditions and weather may still want to bring overboots. Some guide services may still require their clients to carry overboots in case they need them. Many experienced climbers and guides prefer to not use overboots, and seem to feel that if you need overboots to summit Denali with mountaineering boots like these on your feet then you may not be making the best decision on your summit day weather window and would be well advised to wait for more appropriate conditions to attempt to reach the summit. Your boots are arguably the most important piece of gear that you need for mountaineering, so take the time to choose your gear wisely and make the best decision. While boots like these can be a significant investment for many climbers, the proper footwear is worth every penny and will be money well spent.
- Technical High Altitude Mountaineering Double Boots with Removable Liners
- Unique Internal/External Dual BOA® Lacing System with External Dial
- Integrated Heat Sealed and Ultrasonic Welded Stretch Cordura Gaiter with Ankle High Waterproof Gusset
- Thermo-Reflective Aluminum Lining in Gaiter Increases Warmth
- Corner Zip™ Articulated Zipper Technology
- Removable Inner Boot made with 6mm PE and EVA Single Density Foam
- Cordura Flex Zone and Dual Velcro Closure on Inner Boot
- 3mm Honeycomb Tech Insulating Carbon Insole adds Stiffness and Warmth while Reducing Weight
- Vibram® Matterhorn Outsole with Impact Brake System™
- 2mm Polyurethane graded for Crampon Attachment
- Full Automatic Crampon Compatibility
- Lightweight Air-Injected Rubber Rands and Toe Cap provides Protection and Durability
- 37 oz (1050 g)
(We stock a tight assortment of various models and sizes of the best High Altitude Mountaineering boots available at our Feathered Friends Seattle Mountaineering Store. Due to the high expense of stocking modern high altitude mountaineering boots and the ever increasing frequency of model changes by the manufacturers, it is no longer practical for small local family run mountaineering stores like ours to keep every size of every model in stock. These types of boots frequently require us to special order your size. Please stop by our store and allow one of our experienced staff members to help determine the best mountaineering boot model and size for your needs. If needed, we will order a boot or two for you and cover the shipping cost of getting them to our store for you. Our staff will then help you make your best decision, and then we will cover the return shipping fee back to the manufacturer if they end up not providing a good fit for you when you come in to try them on in our store. We really appreciate your willingness to support our mountaineering store by allowing us to help fulfill all of your mountaineering footwear needs!)