Outside Magazine named the Portal one of the 3 Best Tents of 2019: "the only tent we’d want on a stormy trek." The Portal was also featured as "strongest tent" in Backpacker Magazine's Summer 2019 Gear Guide.
The Portal is Slingfin's lightest freestanding tent at 2lbs 13oz. It's a statement piece saying you don't need to sacrifice strength, features, or durability to make an ultralight freestanding tent.
- Two doors and two vestibules increase livability for two.
- Pre-installed internal guylines give the Portal great lateral stability for almost no weight increase.
- KickStand vents make ventilation a breeze. Opposing struts on the vestibule doors provide unrestricted cross-tent airflow for excellent condensation management without sacrificing weather protection.
- High-volume pole structure with a swivel provides well-distributed headroom without the weakness of hubs.
- Pole swivel connects long poles for easy setup
- All the pockets you could ever want (two ceiling, two head, two side, one foot).
- Offset vestibule design eases entry and exit.
- 10 external guy points provide ample reinforcement. External guy points are matched to toggles to attach the fly directly to the poles, increasing stability.
- Matching reflective tabs on fly and tent body simplify setup.
- Can be pitched with footprint (not included) and fly for a minimalist weather shelter.
- 2-Side silicone impregnated flysheet and PE floor fabric are mildew-resistant and have excellent hydrolytic stability, and will last significantly longer than traditional PU-coated fabrics.
- No additional seam sealing necessary.
- Includes 10 DAC J-Stakes
|Trail Weight||2lbs 13oz|
|Packaged Weight||3lbs 4oz|
|Floor Area||27.45 sq ft|
|14" x 5"|
|Floor Dimensions||85" x 51" (head) x 42" (foot)|
|Vestibule Area||2 x 8.4 sq ft|
|Number of poles||3|
|Number of doors||2|