1 person tent
Very light, very strong – and remarkably comfortable – three-season solo tent.
Hilleberg modeled the Enan after their award-winning, best-selling Akto, with the goal of making a three-season version that was as light as possible while still having the strength we require from a Hilleberg tent.
They used the Akto’s proven single pole design and its single-ended full pole sleeve system, then reduced weight by using lighter, Kerlon 1000 in the outer tent and a very light inner tent fabric. At the same time, they kept the same 9 mm DAC NSL pole the Akto uses, because the weight savings of a smaller diameter pole is quite negligible, while the loss in strength is significant.
As with other Hilleberg Yellow Label tents, the Enan’s venting system is built into its construction: a full mesh inner tent door, in combination with outer tent head and foot ends of tough mesh both allows and encourages constant air flow. For very windy and rainy conditions, Kerlon 1000 fabric panels can be rolled down and secured to cover the outer tent’s mesh ends. When not in use, these panels roll up and stuff into integrated pockets.
During development, testers used the Enan for everything from adventure travel in Southeast Asia, to backpacking trips in Europe and the US. All praised how easy it was to pitch, its roominess and its comfort, and all were quite impressed with its strength – and, of course, with its very pleasing light weight!
“Enan” is a small river in the Jämtland mountains in northern Sweden.
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and a 9 mm pole make for a very lightweight yet strong tent.
- 3-season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Single pole construction offers excellent space to weight ratio and is an outstanding choice for mobile journeys.
- The Enan has plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Basic pitching requires six pegs: two in the corners of both the head and foot ends, and one each in the head and foot end guy lines. The simple, single-opening, continuous pole sleeve and tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- The single entrance/single vestibule configuration affords easy access as well as storage space.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with the Enan Mesh Inner tent.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires the optional Akto/Enan pole holder kit.
- Looped guy lines affixed to twin attachments on each side of the pole increase stability in poor conditions.
- Flap protects the zipper from the rain.
- Integrated stowage pocket.
- Fabric panels can be rolled down and secured to cover the head and foot end mesh for very windy and rainy conditions. These stash into integrated pockets when not in use.
- Durable mesh on head and foot ends allow constant air flow.
- Inner tent door is all mesh, providing constant air flow.
- High bathtub floor keeps out ground water.
- Single sturdy fiberglass rod in both head and foot end provides extra height and more usable space.
- Highly recommended optional footprint can be found by clicking here: Enan Footprint
||960 g / 2 lbs 2 oz|
|Packed Weight||1.2 kg / 2 lbs 10 oz|
|Inner Height||93 cm / 36 in|
|Inner Tent Area||1.7 m² / 18.3 ft²|
|Vestibule Area||0.8 m² / 18.3 ft²
|Outer tent fabric||Kerlon 1000|
|Poles (9mm)||1 x 293 cm / 1 x 115.4 in
|Pegs||8 Y-Peg UL|
43 cm x 13 cm / 17 in x 5 in
(Every Hilleberg tent comes with outer tent, inner tent, guy lines with line runners, poles, pegs, stuff bags for tent, poles and pegs, spare pole section, repair sleeve and instructions.
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
* “Packed size” is measured with the poles and pegs, both in their bags, rolled into the tent inside the tent bag. Packing the tent and poles (both in their respective bags) into your pack separately will yield a significantly smaller tent package, and a pole package that can be easily slid into a corner of your pack. Poles all fold to 43 cm/17 in.
All product features and measurement values, including tent weight and pole length, may vary somewhat from what is shown in catalogs, other printed items, and on our web site. Such differences can occur because of alterations in the design and production process and/or natural variations in the materials. Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here or on different websites.)